Where to go in Tampa Bay to celebrate Halloween.
TAMPA BAY: Looking for some fun this Halloween? There are many bars & clubs in the Tampa Bay area that are hosting special events this week to celebrate Halloween, Here are some high-lights of this weeks Halloween events:
- Club Skye, Ybor City – “Thriller” – “Tampa’s Scariest Halloween Party” – Head down to Club Sky on Sunday October 31st for their huge Halloween event & J.Britt & Young C’s “Do Ya Thang” Single Release Party, presented by VYBE Nation. Music will be provided by DJ Christion, DJ Nano, DJ Kutmaster, DJ Purfiya, DJ Prophet & DJ Knox…with a special surprise performance. The event will be hosted by DJ HeadBussa, Buckwheat, DJ S&M & Aych. Event sponsors include: INK Monsterz, & Bayside Barbershop, and is brought to you by: VYBE Nation, WILD 94.1, Beatdown Inc., Nu Money Ent., Terror Squad, POLO University, Bishop WorldWide Entertainment, Nite Owl Entertainment, Cream Team Inc., Next Level Productions, Sky High Productions, P.B.P, VYBE Nation DJ’s, Puff Puff Party.com, & More. You can order V.I.P. tickets for only $5.00 online here. For more information call 813-454-5244. Club Sky is located in Ybor City at 1509 East 8th Ave.
- Daiquiri Deck, Madeira Beach – “White Trash Bash Halloween Party” – Come join the fun at the “White Trash Halloween Bash” hosted by the Daiquiri Deck Featuring Live Entertainment with the Greg Billings Band on Saturday, October 30th from 10:00pm – 3:00am. There will be a Halloween Costume Contest at Midnight with “white trash” prizes for all finalists including a grand prize of $150 in cash & a special themed prize consisting of a $50 gift certificate for 2nd place. There will also be drink specials at the event as well.
- Dunedin House of Beer, Dunedin – “Hob Goblin’ 5k and 1 mile Fun Run” – The HOB GOB’ln is the most entertaining 1 mile and 5K run of the season and whether you come in costume or not you’ll join in on the goolish laughter at those who do. Win great prizes for the most creative and outstanding costumes all judged by the applause from the runners. The run begins at 6:00pm and is a one mile loop around downtown Dunedin you make 3 times to complete the 5K distance. On each lap you’ll pass by the HOB where our goblins will entice you stop the running and enjoy the free beer at the House of Beer. Of course all runners get free beer at the finish line so how far you run is up to you. 5K finishers who complete the full 5K distance will be awarded 3 deep in every standard age group. It’s just $25 to register for this Halloween tradition filled with fun, food, live music and some of the best free sponsored beer at the Dunedin House of Beer.
- Emerald Bar, St. Petersburg – “Old School Halloween Party” – Knock on the door, and get free candy! Remember how much fun that was? Why did we have to stop once we got older? Come celebrate Hallowen with no cover charge on Sunday, October 31st from 9:00pm – 3:00am. Apples may keep the doctor away, but they won’t get you drunk….that’s why this event will feature “Bobbing for shots”. There will also be a costume contest with awarded prizes as well. Emerald Bar is located in St. Petersburg at: 550 Central Ave.
- L.A. Hangout, Lutz – Sobriety X will be performing at L.A. Hangout’s huge Halloween costume bash on Saturday, October 30th. The event will offer Shot specials and a costume contest. L.A. Hangout is located in Lutz at 16411 North Florida Ave.
- Lit Premium Cigar Lounge, Tampa – “Twilight @ Lit” – Come out on Saturday, October 30th from 9:00pm – 3:00am for a costume party & more. Every one who is dressed in a costume will receive $3.00 Soco & Lime shots, and $5.00 Bacardi & Grey Goose.
- Murphy’s Bar, Tampa – Sobriety X will be performing live at their Halloween bash on Friday, October 29th. The event will offer shot specials and a Halloween costume contest. Murphy’s Bar is located in Tampa at 5915 Memorial Hwy.
- O’Keefe’s Family Tavern & Grille, Clearwater – “4th Annual Bark-O-Ween” – This event will benefit SPOT (Stop Pet Overpopulation Today) and Dunedin Doggie Rescue. Everyone is invited to dress up their dog in the funniest, most original costumes you can come up with. There will be a “run way” costume contest with 1st, 2nd & 3rd place trophies awarded for best costumes in the following categories: Dog & Child, Dog Team (two or more dogs), Dog & Owner Look-Alike, Scariest, and Most Original. The contests will be Emceed by Kristen Levine of Fetching Communications, and judged by a panal of local celebrity judges (no, they didn’t ask me to be one of the local celebrity judges). Participants can pre-register for the costume contest here, or visit Fluffy Puppies to pick up a registration form. Fluffy Puppies is a five year-old dog boutique specializing in unique clothing, accessories and grooming for dogs as well as quality dog food and treats. Also, when you pre-register, you will receive 20% off any dog Halloween costumes as well. Fluffy Puppies has two locations including: Fluffy Puppies, Clearwater, 1447 S. Ft. Harrison Ave. – 727-446-7999 or 727-446-7999, and Fluffy Puppies, Tampa, 10106 Montague Street, Westchase – 813-920-3777 or 813-920-3777. The event will feature “Yappy Hour” which will offer 2-for-1 drinks & appetizers. Last years fundraising event that was held at O’Keefe’s drew around 100 costumed dogs and their human companions. This years event is sponsored by Clearwater Gazette, Durable Coatings Paint Store, Laura Allan Studios, Merrick, Natura, Natural Ballance, Pinch Penny Press, The New Barker, and Robert Walker, Esq. O’Keefe’s Family Tavern & Grille is located in Clearwater at 1219 S. Ft. Harrison. For more information call: 727-442-9034 or 727-442-9034.
- Sports Rock, Largo – The Sports Rock will be having a Halloween party on Friday, October 29th with Decepcion performing live on stage.
- Zone Lounge, Tarpon Springs – The Zone Lounge will be throwing a Halloween party from 9:30pm – 1:30am on Saturday, October 30th. Tampa Bay band, Kickin’ Again, will be performing live. The Zone Lounge is located in Tarpon Springs at 121 East Tarpon Ave. RSVP for the event here.
All articles published in the St. Petersburg Live Music Bar Scene column are written by Keith Wilkins, and are under copyright laws. Articles cannot be re-printed, re-posted, or re-produced in whole without written consent by the author (Keith Wilkins), KAM Music Publishing, or the Examiner. Partial re-printing, re-posting, or re-producing with a link back to the original article is permitted. For consent, questions, or comments, please email Keith Wilkins c/o Amy Joyner at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Keith Wilkins, please check out the Keith Wilkins official facebook fan page. For more information on KAM Music Publishing, please check out the official myspace & facebook pages. Follow Keith’s Examiner column on Facebook, Myspace, or Twitter for local live music & bar news updates. Don’t miss a single article, subscribe to Keith’s St. Petersburg Live Music Bar Scene Examiner column now by clicking on the button at the top of the page.
Want to learn more about Examiner Columnist Keith Wilkins? Read part 1 & part 2 of an interview with Keith Wilkins that was published in the San Antonio Single Parenting Examiner Column on October 4th & October 6th, 2010.