Our good friends at the Washington Design Center came by to invite us to a “Deck the Halls” event, which will kick off the holiday season. Home to over 60 wholesale residential, commercial and building products showrooms, it is considered the mid-Atlantic region’s largest resource and destination for the design industry.
DECK THE HALLS AT THE WASHINGTON DESIGN CENTER
The 2010 “Halls of Fame” Design House to be dressed for the holidays
WASHINGTON, D.C. Holiday design inspiration will abound at The Washington Design Center when the eight rooms of its “Halls of Fame” Design House are dressed for the season. The WDC Hall of Fame designers behind each room will return to embellish it with holiday finery. The updated Design House will be unveiled October 21 for the public and will stay up through the close of the Design House on December 11, 2010.
“Our holiday decorations will provide great place to start for inspiration to deck your own halls for the season. The Design House will display festive ideas for every room in the house, from the foyer to the dining room to an outdoor space,” said Jennifer Sergent, director of marketing, Washington Design Center.
The Design House, newly rebuilt on the 5th floor of The Washington Design Center, provides lifestyle-conscious consumers a glimpse into the world of high-end home décor.
Visit Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m.-3 p.m. The Design House is located on the 5th floor of the Design Center at 300 D Street SW, Washington DC, 20024. Above the Federal Center SW Metro Station, The Washington Design Center is served by the Orange and Blue lines.
For more information & cost of tickets, please visit www.dcdesigncenter.com or call 202.646.6100.
“Our holiday decorations will provide great place to start for inspiration to deck your own halls…”
Hall of Fame designers include:
- Foyer – Kelley Proxmire, Kelley Interior Design
- Portico – Frank Babb Randolph, Frank Babb Randolph Interior Design
- Dining Room – Victor Shargai ASID, Blair Riggs & Rahman Seraj, Victor Shargai and Associates, Inc.
- Living Room – David Herchik and Richard Looman, JDS Designs, Inc.
- Family Room – Rita St. Clair, Rita St. Clair Associates, Inc.
- Study – Nestor Santa-Cruz, IIDA, LEED AP, Gensler
- Garden Room – Michael Roberson, Michael Roberson Interior Design
- Master Bedroom – Olvia Demetriou Adamstein, FAIA, Melinda Nettelbeck and team, Adamstein & Demetriou, Inc.