If you are in search of high quality, affordable entertainment to engage toddlers to tweens, look no further than the Waisman Center Children’s Theatre. The Waisman Center events offer a wide variety of singers, dancers, actors and educators to delight and amuse all ages of children and adults. As an added bonus, ticket prices are a bargain.
The Waisman Center Children’s Theatre kicks off their fall season with a SAFETY SUNDAY SPECTACULAR
Sunday, October 3 from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. “Start the season off with an afternoon of safetythemed activities and fun that feature magician Wayne the Wizard (show at 1:15 p.m.) and police and fire professionals and their vehicles. Meet a mounted patrol and a canine unit. RAIN or Shine.
Here is a listing of the rest of the fall schedule:
- Sunday, October 10, 2010 – CTM (Children’s Theater of Madison) presents “Good Night Moon.” Shows at 1 pm and 3 pm.
- Sunday, October 17, 2010 – Kickoff the Halloween season with the venerable Ken Lonnquist in PumpKENland at 1 pm.
- Sunday, October 31, 2010 – Stuart Stotts proclaims, “I’m Not Scared,” in this Halloween-themed show (1 pm) filled with “funny and light-hearted stories and songs.”
- Sunday, November 7, 2010 – Mad Science invites you to enjoy “Fire and Ice—experience the wonderful world
of chemistry and science with demonstrations geared especially for young audiences.” 1 pm show.
- Sunday, November 14, 2010 – The all-children cast of Playtime Productions performs their fractured version of “The Emperor’s New Clothes” – a “comedic fairytale of an emperor, his questionable couture, magic and mayhem.” Two shows – 1 pm, 3 pm. View past article about Playtime Productions’ Sleeping Beauty here.
- Sunday, November 21, 2010 – Naturalist and educator, David Stokes, “explores the marvels of the animal kingdom with critter companions and hands-on activities” in this 1 pm show.
- Sunday, November 21, 2010 – Just in time for Christmas, behold the “Nutcracker Fantasy” performed by Dance Wisconsin in two shows: 1 pm and 3 pm.
- The fall entertainment season’s final show will feature the Trinity Irish Dancers on Sunday, December 12 at 1 pm. Enjoy an hour of energetic Irish step dancing.
Tickets are available on performance dates,with sales beginning at noon. Advance tickets for any show can be purchased on any performance date. Advance tickets are recommended as several shows will sell out. Ticket prices: Adults $2.00; Children $1.00.
Location: 1500 Highland Avenue, Madison. Free parking.
To receive future articles by Deborah Nies, scroll to the top of this article, and click on SUBSCRIBE. Your e-mail address will not be shared with anyone else.
Tired of going to the same old places? Want to take the road less traveled? Click here to enjoy Madison Hidden Adventures.