The New York Jets enter the bye week as one of the hottest teams in the NFL, winning five in a row. Gang Green is 5-1, which is not only the best record in the AFC East, but in the NFL as well. With that being said I still have the Pittsburgh Steelers at the #1 spot, as they are playing better defensively and have the better quarterback. Here are my power rankings for week 7.
1) Pittsburgh Steelers- This team will only get better as Big Ben shakes off the rust.
2) New York Jets- The Jets are on a roll right now and should improve defensively with the return of a healthy Darrelle Revis.
3) New England Patriots- Victory over the Ravens definitely opened up some eyes.
4) Baltimore Ravens- Lost a tough game to the Pats, but still one of the elite teams in the NFL.
5) Indianapolis Colts– This team will only go as far as Peyton Manning will take them, but what else is new with the Colts?
6) New York Giants- After a rough start Big Blue has bounced back with a dynamic offense and an aggressive defense.
7) Atlanta Falcons- A tough road loss to the Eagles, but could end up being the best team in the NFC.
8) Philadelphia Eagles- Vick or Kolb? Does not matter this team is playing very well.
9) Tennessee Titans- The Titans are a very dangerous team, especially if they continue to improve defensively.
10) New Orleans Saints- Solid win against the Buccaneers, should destroy the Browns this week.
11) Houston Texans- A team with plenty of talent that will be looking to sweep the Colts.
12) Kansas City Chiefs- Lost a heartbreaker to the Texans, but should bounce back against the Jaguars.
13) Miami Dolphins- Will learn a lot about Miami as they play the Steelers at home this week.
14) Washington Redskins- The Redskins are playing inspired football and could do some damage in the NFC.
15) Green Bay Packers- Not sure how long the Pack will be able to survive with all of these injuries.
16) Chicago Bears- Not exactly sure how long Jay Cutler will last with the weekly beatings he is taking.
17) Minnesota Vikings- Huge win against the Cowboys, now need to take care of the rival Packers.
18) Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Struggled against the Saints, but still a young, hungry team.
19) Arizona Cardinals- Not sure what to expect from the Cards with quarterback Max Hall running the show.
20) Cincinnati Bengals- Carson Palmer cannot continue to play this bad can he?
21) St. Louis Rams- Coming along on defense, still cannot believe they beat the Chargers.
22) Seattle Seahawks- Running back Marshawn Lynch was a great addition to the offense.
23) Denver Broncos- Have played a brutal schedule, will be a tough match-up for most teams.
24) San Diego Chargers- The Bolts continue to find ways to lose games.
25) Jacksonville Jaguars- Horrific Monday night performance against the Titans.
26) Dallas Cowboys- Quickly becoming a nightmare season for the ‘Boys.
27) Oakland Raiders- The quarterback situation continues to haunt the silver and black.
28) San Francisco 49ers- Finally got a victory and could get another one this week against the Panthers.
29) Detroit Lions- Continue to improve, but still need help defensively.
30) Cleveland Browns- Colt McCoy had to give Browns fans a glimmer of hope.
31) Carolina Panthers- How long until the team starts recruiting Bill Cowher?
32) Buffalo Bills- The battle for the #1 pick in the 2011 NFL draft is on.