Politicians do the darnedest things, yet there was no good reason for Robert Gibbs to “Stick out his tongue and say “Ahhhhh” at the press. Yet Gibbs did just that. . Now this photo will be around into perpetuity as a reminder of one moment’s lapse of memory of who Gibbs is and who Gibbs represents – filed under “Goofy Gibbs has a Gene Simmons Kiss Moment when he tongues the press”.
Here’s the official background to this eye-roller of a photo:
In response to the question “Did you put your foot in your mouth?” White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs sticks out his tongue to show that his mouth is empty during the daily press briefing in the Brady Press Briefing Room at the White House August 11, 2010 in Washington, DC. Gibbs criticized what he called the “professional left” for comparing President Barack Obama to former President George Bush and faulting Obama for his willingness to compromise with conservatives.
If this was an act of distraction from criticism of President Obama; well, it certainly was a departure from the norm. Still, most Americans would rather Gibbs be forthcoming with his answers to direct questions. Americans don’t have a thing against Gibbs “letting it all hang out” in the context of transparency, but really, spare us and the press the sight of Gibbs impressive tongue.
After all, the press isn’t a hard rock audience and Gibbs is no Gene Simmons. Gibbs is a mouthpiece for Obama and in that capacity, who can forget some of the flaps caused by ” what Gibbs said”:
- “Some liberals have been unhappy with President Barack Obama for not pushing their agenda harder and have gone so far as to compare him to former Republican President George W. Bush, Gibbs said.’These people ought to be drug tested,” he said.’They wouldn’t be satisfied if Dennis Kucinich was president.”‘
- I think the President would love to [do The Daily Show], just maybe not Colbert… I have yet to see a politician best Stephen Colbert in an interview on his show. I mean, he’s really, really good.Gibbs, quoted by Time‘s Michael Scherer:
- On NBC’s “Meet the Press,” Mr. Gibbs was asked if Democrats could lose the House in the fall mid-term elections. “There’s no doubt there are enough seats in play that could cause Republicans to gain control,” Mr. Gibbs answered.
Dallas: Look again, give it some thought and then sound off with your best caption for Gibb’s press kiss. Although this is a Dallas site, don’t let that hold you back from contributing. Once twenty photos are captioned – they will be compiled into a slideshow with the most apt caption selected from those offered. Political photos are sometimes serious, and sometimes an amazing glimpse into the real personalities of the politicians.
M O R E Photos You Wouldn’t Want to Miss:
- Needza Caption: Obama slays an umbrella for First Lady Michelle (photo)
- Needza Caption: Hillary Clinton & Tony Blair sharing a “moment” (curious photo)
- Needza Caption: Dem Claire McCaskill eating a pencil (wild photo)
- Political fashion faux pas: Michelle Obama’s immodest photo
- Real photo: Obama with hand over heart 9/11/10 (video)
- Obama’s bony fingers: Losing weight – wedding ring is missing
- Getty Images anti Palin bias? ‘Woman dressed as Sarah’ photo (tattoo & navel)
Join the spirited debate in these Hot Articles:
- Sarah Palin: ‘Teacher’ protest in Alaska a real ‘drag’ (video) 255 Comments
- Border Solution: Sarah Palin thinks Obama needs more ‘Cojones’ not ‘Conjoles’ Video 150 Comments
- Arizona Sheriff Joe’s head: Mexican drug cartel offers $1M bounty for Arpaio (video) 102 Comments
- Sarah Palin tweets for ‘peaceful Muslims’ to ‘refute Ground Zero mosque’ 101 Comments
- Murder in the name of Islam: Imam Rauf wants ‘voices of moderate Muslims’ amplified – it’s past time 116 Comments
- Obama Iraq speech plagued by low military respect – not for the office, for the man
- Calif. Proposition 8: Gay judge rules for same sex marriage (video) 84 Comments
- Anti Palin group gets $216,625: Defenders of Wildlife government wolves at Sarah’s door (Video) 51 Comment
- Ground Zero Mosque impact: Dallas, Florida & the White House to Afghanistan (raw video) 50 Comments
- Illegal immigration: Obama administration shortchanges laws of deportation 45 Comments
- Job from hell: Michelle Obama liabilty on 2010 campaign trail 27 Comments