This simple wooden box contains the soul of a newborn child. The first person to open the box suffers a possession attempt by the spirit. The possessor must make a Will save (DC 15) or be possessed by the spirit within the box. A creature that successfully saves is immune to that same box’s possession for 24 hours.
Strong enchantment; CL 20th; Craft Wondrous Item, animate dead; Price 60,000 gp; Cost 27,500 gp + 2,200 XP.
The possessed character’s alignment becomes chaotic evil and it acquires the Kuman Thong template. The possessed being retains his personality but is dedicated to converting every living humanoid into a Kuman Thong. If a piece of a living humanoid (hair, blood, flesh) is placed within the box, it must make a Will save (DC 15) or acquire the Kuman Thong template.
This new Kuman Thong is under the possessor, which can command the obedience and fealty of all Kuman Thong within 120 feet when she activates the device (a standard action). Kuman Thong totaling 300 Hit Dice can be ruled. Ruled creatures obey the wielder as if she were their absolute sovereign.
“Kuman Thong” is an acquired template that can be added to any creature who is successfully captured by having a body part placed in the Kuman Thong (referred to hereafter as the base creature). It uses all the base creature’s statistics and special abilities except as noted here.
- Challenge Rating: As base creature +1.
- Type: The creature’s type changes to undead.
- Hit Dice: Change to d12. Kuman Thong have no Constitution score.
- Attacks: If the Kuman Thong does not already have a slam attack, it gains a slam attack that deals damage based on the creature’s size as a zombie template.
- Special Qualities: The Kuman Thong keeps all the special qualities of the base creature, and gains the abilities described below.
- Damage Reduction (10/special): Kuman Thong are highly resistant to damage and difficult to kill. They can only be killed with a head shot (a critical hit) which ignores their damage reduction. The possessor of the Kuman Thong does not have this vulnerability; its damage reduction can only be bypassed by a weapon made of bone, specifically the bones of an immediate relative of the ghost in the box.
- Allegiances: A Kuman Thong always has allegiances to chaos and evil, and no other allegiances. Saves: As the base creature, modified by altered ability scores (see below).
- Action Points: Kuman Thong do not acquire or amass action points. It loses any action points possessed by the base creature. Abilities: Apply the following modifiers to the base creature’s ability scores: Str +2, Dex +2, Int –2, Wis –2, Cha –4. No penalty can reduce an ability score below 3. Kuman Thong have no Constitution score.
- Skills: The Kuman Thong retains all skills.
- Feats: The Kuman Thong retain all the base creature’s feats and gains the Toughness feat.
- Advancement: None.
For more information, see my review of the movie.