The success of the Mountain Bar’s 24/7 Happy Hour has spawned a brand new bar just feet away. They’ve removed horse-race-simulcasting and replaced it with The Main Stage Bar – a cheap bar, complete with a stage for live music, beer pong tables and a mechanical bull. To find it, just walk along the wooden walkway toward the table games; you can’t miss it. The bar is only open on the casino’s busiest days – Thursday through Sunday.
Drinks: This bar is basically for shots or beer (if you want a cocktail you’ll need to go to the Mountain Bar). Most things are under $6 so you can have a very good time on very little money. Selection/prices below:
- $3 – Beers: PBR, Corona; Shots: Absolut, Jim Beam, Red Stag, Jaeger, Cruzan
- $4 – Beers: Miller Light/Coors Light/Bud Light/Corona Light/Michelob Ultra
- $6 – Beers: Heineken/Yeungling/Magic Hat/Red Stripe/Blue Moon, Guinness; Shots: Bacardi/Sauza/Southern Comfort/Jose Cuervo/Jack/Wild Turkey/Old Grandad/Captain Morgan
- Other Specials: Stop by on Sundays from 1pm to 11pm for their “Pizza & Pail Special” – $19.95 for an 18″ pizza and 4 beers.
Service: The service is quick but also depends on how many people are in line in front of you at the bar. There are no seats directly at the bar; however, there are a few tables at which to sit and enjoy your shot and beer, watch the band, or giggle at the people on the mechanical bull (it’s not as easy as it looks).
Atmosphere: The atmosphere here is just plain fun. There are 12 beer pong tables, a mechanical bull ($5 to ride; you also have to sign a waiver), and a stage for live entertainment on Fridays and Saturdays from 10pm to 2am.
- Beer Pong: There is open-play beer pong Thursday through Sunday with tournaments on Thursdays (8pm) and Sundays (4pm).
- Open-Play: $12 Pong Kits – 1 pitcher of beer, balls, and cups; $18 Pong Kits – 2 pitchers of beer, balls, and cups. Pitcher refills are only $6!
- Tournaments: $20 entry fee (includes Pong Kit). First place walks away with $100; second place gets free entry into the next tournament.
Overall: If you’re looking to have a crazy night out for very little money, or just want to try something different in A.C., then you should definitely stop by the Main Stage Bar.