The Green Festival in DC is fast approaching. There will be so many notable speakers and great exhibitors to help make your green living in DC even better! With multiple stages and hundreds of vendors, knowing who’s going to be there and who you definitely don’t want to miss will make your experience more enjoyable.
Here are some suggestions for must-see speakers and vendors at the DC Green Festival this weekend.
- Reverend Lennox Yearwood, Jr – “Green the City Initiative”, Saturday, 5:00 – 6:45 pm
- Kevin Danaher – “Getting your Green Career Together”, Sunday, 12-12:45 pm
- Ralph Nader – “Ecological Engineering has Reached Critical Mass: It’s Time for Victory”, Sunday, 1:00-1:45 pm
- Ambassador Pablo Solon of the Plurinational State of Bolivia, Presidential Envoy from the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela Claudia Salerno – “The Coalition Between Governments of the Global South and Environmentalists”, Sunday, 2:00-2:45 pm
Green Lifestyles Stage
- Christian Kemp Griffin – “Edun, A Case Study in Ethical Fashion: Connecting Business and Consumers with those who Make the Product”, Saturday, 3:00-3:45 pm
- Rob Holmes – Green Living Project Global Sustainability: Central America to Maine”, Sunday, 4:00-4:45
Green Business Seminars Pavilion
- Georgia Malki, Dr. Valerie Shelton, Lisa Crawford and Moderator: Joan Friedlander – “Greening your Business from the Inside Out”, Saturday, 1:00 – 1:45 pm
Green Home and Energy Pavilion
- Carl Ericson, Alix Davidson – “Carbon Offsets Role in Slowing Climate Change”, Saturday, 12 – 1 pm
- Saturday: 11:30 am Children’s Fashion, 1:30 pm Teen Fashion and 3:30 pm Adult Couture
- Sunday: 12:30 pm Green Weddings and Accessories, 3:30 pm Finale and Trunk Show
All natural bath and body products, non- reliant on high-energy consuming production processes
Almost 100 teas that are both certified organic at the grower and produced in socially and environmentally responsible ways
Really Raw Honey, Inc
Unprocessed honey containing pollen, propolis, honeycomb and live enzymes from bees and gathered from fields of wildflowers, without pesticides or fertilizers
Purple Mountain Organics
Environmentally sustainable products, resources & information for organic gardening and green living. Make sure to check out his cultivated mushroom logs for grow-your-own goodness.
The DC Green Festival will run Oct 23-24 at the DC Convention Center. Looking for ways of getting in for free? Check out the DC Green Living Examiner’s ways to get free admission to the DC Green Festival.