With rehearsals for season eleven in full swing, competitor Jennifer Grey has taken to Twitter to talk about her thoughts on Dancing With the Stars and her partner, two-time DWTS champion Derek Hough.
Below are recent Twitter posts from Jennifer Grey:
- “Wow. Thanks so much for all the well wishes. I’m having a blast. Dancing with Derek Hough is pure heaven.”
- “Thanks so much for the kind words. Takes the edge off my SERIOUS nerves. Can’t compete with the young self in Dirty Dancing. Don’t know how I did it then!”
- “Thanks for all the good wishes. I’m nervous, but very excited. Last time I danced this much, Ronald Reagan was President.”
According to Las Vegas odds makers, Jennifer Grey and Derek Hough are expected to very well during the new and upcoming season of Dancing With the Stars. They currently fall behind only Rick Fox and Cheryl Burke for taking home the coveted mirror ball trophy. If anyone can bring Jennifer Grey back up to dancing speed, it’s two-time champion, Derek Hough. He won last season with Nicole Scherzinger and in season with partner and current co-host, Brooke Burke.
Here’s how Derek Hough has fared with past partners on Dancing With the Stars:
- Season 5: Jennie Garth – They competed in the semi-finals, but was the 9th couple eliminated.
- Season 6: Elizabeth Shannen – They were eliminated during the 7th week.
- Season 7: Brooke Burke – The pair won it all and took home the trophy.
- Season 8: Lil’ Kim – They were eliminated in week 9.
- Season 9: Derek and Joanna Krupa finished in fourth place.
- Season 10: Derek and Nicole Scherzinger rose to the top and finished as victors.
So, what does Derek Hough think about his newest partner, Jennifer Grey? In a recent Twitter post, he simply stated, “Good times, we’re gonna have some fun…”
Despite a recent health scare where a lump in her neck was discovered to be cancerous, doctors confirm that Jennifer Grey will be able to compete on Dancing With the Stars. The nodule was removed in two different procedures. “Jennifer required no follow-up treatment and was given a clean bill of health to be part of this season’s cast,” Grey’s rep told E!
So, what do you think? Do yJennifer Grey and Derek Hough have a good shot at winning it all on this season of Dancing With the Stars? Who is your favorite couple? Be sure to leave your thoughts and comments below.
Recent articles about the new season of Dancing With the Stars:
- Top 10 reasons to love this season of ‘Dancing With the Stars’
- ‘Dancing With the Stars’ reveals pro pairings on ‘Good Morning America’
- ABC reveals new cast of ‘Dancing With the Stars’ on ‘Bachelor Pad’
- ‘Dancing With the Stars’ sizzles on the Red Carpet at Emmy Awards (photos)
- Tom Bergeron gets first look at new cast of ‘Dancing With the Stars’
- ‘Dancing With the Stars’: Twitter talk from the pros, new cast rumors
- ‘Dancing With the Stars’: The pros talk about new season, summer travels
- Carrie Ann Inaba from ‘Dancing With the Stars’ on ‘Housecat Housecall’
Do you want to stay in-the-know? Then sign up to get my articles personally delivered to your in-box. Just click on SUBSCRIBE, and you’ll stay up-to-the-minute with your favorite reality shows and stars.