Executive Chef Nancy Longo, Pierpoint Restaurant, has been offering cooking classes longer than anyone else in Baltimore. What is special about her classes is that they are hands-on where everyone participates in the preparation of the dishes. Everyone gets involved, down and dirty creating the recipes.
Personally, I love a hands-on class; that is where I learned what fresh made pasta should feel like when properly kneaded or whether meat is rare, medium or well-done just by touch.
Pierpoint Fall Children’s cooking classes:
The children’s hands-on classes are mostly on Sunday and here is the link to her new Fall Schedule: http://www.pierpointrestaurant.com/childrenscookingclasses.html
Below is the list of Chef Longo’s Adult cooking classes that are on Saturday afternoons.
Pierpoint Fall Adult cooking classes:
Each class is hands-on and recipes, aprons, beverages will be provided. For more information see our website: www.pierpointrestaurant.com Or call 410 675-2080
- Saturday, Oct 9th Chefs Mind – come learn how chefs write recipes, menus as well as a lesson in how to write your own at home. This lesson is for the serious home cook.We will cover entrees, spice mixes, rubs, sauces, as well as soup and sauces.1-4 pm $75 fee.
- Saturday, Oct 23rd Modern Italian – come learn some new ideas on how to cook Italian.We will cover salads, how to cook with truffles, infused sauces, entrees, flavorful seafood pasta, as well at the Italian Bombolicino- espresso molten chocolate cake.1-4 pm $ 75 fee early sign up $ 65
- Saturday, October 30th Sauces – this class is for anyone who always wanted to learn how to cook great sauces. We will cover demi-glace, hollandaise, butter compound and pan sauces, tomato sauces, as well as chutneys and curry. Come hungry we’ll be cooking plenty food to taste with our sauces.1-4pm $ 75 sign up early $ 65
- Saturday, Nov. 6th Modern Thanksgiving – Tired of the same old stuff? In this class we will teach you how to smoke a turkey and game, turkey demi-glace as well as modern ideas for side dishes, stuffing and desserts for Thanksgiving. 1-4pm $ 75 fee early sign up $ 65
- Saturday, Nov. 13th Thai – this is our most popular class. Come learn the secrets of Thai pantry and cooking. We will cover, curries, noodles, spring rolls as well as soups and Thai salads. Sign up quick this sells out fast. 1-4 pm $ 75 fee early sign up $ 65.
- Saturday, Nov 27th Fish – come learn new ideas on how to cook fish, sauces for fish, as well as how to cook lobster, scallops, clams, mussels as well as crab dishes and soups. This class also covers, seafood safety as well as how to clean your own. 1-4 pm fee early sign up $ 65.
1822 Aliceanna Street
Baltimore, MD 21231
410 675 2080
For your convenience, have Dara’s post delivered directly to your e-mail by clicking on the subscribe button above this post. Have friends who might like to take cooking classes please share this story on Facebook or Twitter. Find me on twitter @diningdish. Thank you!