Exploration Place has a “spooktacular” day of fun lined up for families on Saturday, Oct. 30 to celebrate America’s second favorite holiday. Starting at 10 a.m., there will be special interactive activities related to Halloween, including a costume contest.
The day’s activities include:
- Encounter a bat skeleton and then make a bat that flies.
- Get up close (as close as you dare!) with a live tarantula. Then create a spider craft.
- Examine and handle reproductions of human bones.
- Perform Halloween science experiments: concoct a bubbly potion or make a penny scream.
- Dare to place your hand into our “mystery” boxes, what will you find? Something ooey-gooey, icky-sticky, creepy-crawly?
Included in general museum admission, free for Members
10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Little Explorers Workshop, Make and eat Halloween treats. Registration required and separate prices apply.
10:45 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Family Workshop, Create your own haunted gingerbread house. Ages 4 and up (entire family can participate), pre-registration recommended, separate prices apply.
11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Tanganyika Wildlife Park representatives will be here with “spooky” animals. Included in general museum admission, free for Members.
1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Come dressed up in your Halloween costume and sign up for the contest. (1 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.)
- Costume contestants take part in the “costume parade” throughout EP. (1:30 p.m. – 1:45 p.m.)
- Contestant costumes are judged. (1:45 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.)
- Contest winners are announced. (2:15 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.)
Included in general museum admission, free for Members.
2 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.
Family Workshop, Construct bottle ghosts.
Ages 4 and up (entire family can participate), pre-registration recommended, separate prices apply.
While you’re visiting, take some time to see “Egypt-Secret of the Mummies” showing in the Cyberdome Theatre. You’ll soar over the plains of Egypt and go deep into an excavation to discover a magnificant tomb. Regular Cyberdome admisson applies.
It’s all good clean Halloween fun for all ages, and an especially not-too-scary way to introduce the littlest ones to the Halloween holiday. For mor information, call 316-660-0600.