Universal Studios has a variety of rides from simultors with cartoon favorites to indoor shooter rides themed to Men In Black. MIB: Alien Attack at Universal Studios can be a fun, but challenging ride all in itself on a variety of levels. Through my experiences riding this ride and playing for the highest possible score, it’s more than just a ride.
It’s very hard to do for the first time, but it is possible to get a maximum score of 999,999. Here’s a few tips to help you get one step closer to mastering the game.
- Hold the trigger on your gun down – A common mistake most make is to keep squeezing the trigger on your gun over and over again. Holding it down does the exact same thing and takes a lot less effort.
- Aim far – While everyone around you is shooting down the bug infront of you, look for farther targets. Farther and smaller targets are worth more points in the end. Check windows, light poles, flower pots – the nooks and crannies are endless!
- The big red button – You’ve been told not to hit that red button unless it’s an emergency. Pay attention to your gun. Will Smith will say “There’s only one thing left to do – Push the red button!” Push it and you get a 100,000 point bonus.
- Get points or move on – If you aren’t getting points from one target, move on. You’re loosing an opportunity to get the higest possible score.
- Don’t shoot their exhaust port – After the scanner, you can shoot the other car’s exhaust port (the flashing red circle at the top of their car) and you gain about 20,000 points per hit. Don’t aim for it. There are a lot more point opportunities in that area you’re missing out on. Besides, everyone else is trying to shoot their exhaust port too.
If you’re not aiming for the higest score, there are ways to max out your fun, too.
- Make it a contest – Get a bunch of your friends and go through the single riders line and have a small contest. Whoever gets the lowest score has to buy lunch or wash the winners car for a week. The possibilities are endless, but it’s fun to see who gets what.
- Look for hidden items – While I’ve personally never seen it myself due to aiming for a max score, Frank (the talking dog from the movie) is hidden in the ride. See if you can find Frank and other hidden things.
- Immerse yourself in the ride – Pretend you’re an agent and you’re the one saving the universe from those pesky aliens!