The Gospel of John identifies Satan as the Father of Lies. Duly noted, but Screwtape and Wormwood’s demon-to-imp correspondence as recorded by C.S. Lewis and the pronouncements of many elected government officials and their appointees frequently prove them spawns of the father’s daughters and sons.
Liar’s Top Ten Hall of Shame for 2014, all but the last of which are brought to you by Obama-Democrats:
- Obamacare is working (only if you want to further wreck the health care and private health insurance systems, increase premiums and raise deductibles so high that the poor and lower income families never get to use their Obamacare policy;
- Amnesty for illegal immigrants via executive order is constitutional;
- Waterboarding and other enhanced interrogation techniques used by the CIA against terrorists were torture (this despite the fact that Congress, including a majority of Dems, voted after 9/11 against laws that would have defined them as torture);
- Actual torture never works and, even if it did, would never be appropriate under any circumstances (see common sense as to the former, fuse-burning on a nuke near Capitol Hill as to the latter);
- Waterboarding and other enhanced interrogation techniques used by the CIA against terrorists after 9/11 didn’t work (they did, see Panetta if it helps);
- Ebola will not enter the U.S. (it did);
- Islam is a religion of peace (thanks for nothing on this W);
- There is a war on black males being waged by the police (never was but thanks to Obama, Holder, De Blasio and Sharpton, there is now a war being waged against the police by the 21st century Bill Ayers of the world);
- Carbon is a pollutant;
- Elect us, the Republican Establishment led by House Speaker John Boehner and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, and we will fight ObamaDems’ amnesty by executive fiat and Obamacare (they already funded both).
Truth: America will not survive as the exceptional nation it has been unless the GOP retains the House and Senate and Americans elect one conservative man with the courage to make a majority. – paraphrase of Andrew Jackson