The annual unveiling of the new Fleming’s 100, the award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass, at Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar is a much anticipated event for many food and wine lovers.This year’s debut of the new 2010/2011 list during Fleming’s “Month of Discovery” will be especially enticing as “Opening Nights” scheduled for every Thursday in September offer guests the opportunity to sample each of the Fleming’s 100.
The month-long celebration in September includes:
- The New Fleming’s 100 “Opening Nights” every Thursday (2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, and 30th) in September – Wine tastings featuring all 100 selections provides guests with a rare opportunity to sniff, swirl, sip and spit like an international wine expert. Each Opening Night will feature 20 wines from the Fleming’s 100. The first four tastings will be wine selections available at every Fleming’s nationwide. The final tasting will feature selections by each Fleming’s local Wine Manager and Operating Partner.
- Memorable Meal: A Trio of Fleming’s Classics through September 30 – Guests are invited to experience a variety of tastes of classic Fleming’s entrees, served “flight” style with three small entrees on a plate – Filet Mignon, Ahi Tuna and Lamb Chop – for two at $99. The three-course Memorable Meal also includes a Broiled Peach and Goat Cheese Salad, a trio of roasted vegetables and a trio of crème brulees for dessert. For $10, guests may add a flight (three 2-ounce tastes) of paired wines from the new Fleming’s 100.
- Exclusive Caymus Interactive Wine Dinner September 21 or 22 – Wine lovers can join iconic Caymus Vineyards owner and winemaker, Chuck Wagner, Fleming’s Director of Wine Marian Jansen op de Haar and Executive Chef Russell Skall, via live video from Northern California. The Napa-inspired menu is paired with Wagner Family of Wines, Conundrum, Mer Soleil Silver Chardonnay and Late, and an extraordinary vertical tasting of the 2000 and just-released, 2008 Caymus Special Selection Cabernet, the only wine ever named twice as “Wine of the Year” by Wine Spectator. This promises to be a memorable evening not to be missed! Cost is $125 per person.
- Wine Tuesdays every week in September – Every Tuesday (7th, 14th, 21st, and 28th), guests will receive 25% off* any bottle selection from the new Fleming’s 100 or, if they prefer, they may bring in their own favorite and enjoy complimentary corkage**. Guests taking advantage of the Wine Tuesday offerings will also receive a Fleming’s Card* good for this same offer on a future Fleming’s visit any day of the week, valid through December 30th.
- New Icon Wine through September 30 – The Icon Wine series continues in September with the Staglin Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley Salus Estate, 2006, at $125 per bottle. Since its founding in 1985, Staglin Family Vineyards has achieved cult status among Napa Valley producers. Robert Parker of Wine Advocate goes as far as to describe Staglin as “the pre-eminent estate winery in Rutherford.” Since their annual production is low, their wines are a well-kept secret among Napa Valley connoisseurs.
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
720 Aliceanna Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
* Due to state liquor laws, our 25% off any F100 bottle offer is not available in CA, CT, FL, GA , IL (Chicago), IA, LA, MA, MO, NE, NV, NJ, NC, OK, PA, RI, TN or UT. Limit two bottles. Not available for Private Dining.
** Due to state liquor laws, our Complimentary Corkage offer is not available in AL, AZ, CO, IL (Lincolnshire), IN, MA. MD, MI, OH, OK, TX, VA or WI. Limit two bottles. Not available for Private Dining.