Welcome to the daily Fantasy Baseball Prognosticator. With only a couple of weeks left in the season, it is time to start just the right people to push your way to the championship.
Sunday’s Fantasy Baseball Heroes
- Brett Myers, Houston SP – 7.0 IP, 5 Ks, 0.00 ERA, 1.00 WHIP, W
- Jose Guillen, San Francisco OF – 2/4, 1 HR, 6 RBIs, 1 run
- Bobby Abreau, LA Angels OF – 2/5, 2 HR, 2 RBIs, 2 run
- Jeff Baker, Chicago Cubs 2B, 3B – 4/5 with 2 RBIs and 2 runs.
- Michael Morse, Washington 1B, OF – 3/4 with 1 home run, 3 RBIs and 1 run
- Mark Ellis, Oakland 2B – 3/3 with 1 home run, 2 RBIs and 2 runs.
- Adam Wainwright, St. Louis SP – 6.0 IP, 7 Ks, 1.13 ERA, 1.00 WHIP, W
- Brian Schneider, Philadelphia C – 3/4 with 2 RBIs
- Derrek Lee, Atlanta 1B – 2/5, 1 HR, 4 RBIs, 2 runs
- Scott Kazmir, LA Angels SP – 5.0 IP, 4 Ks, 1.80 ERA, 1.60 WHIP, W
Monday’s Suggested Starting Fantasy Baseball Pitchers
- Cole Hamels, Philadelphia (vs. Atlanta)– In his last start, Hamels only pitched 6 2/3 innings but struck out 13 Florida Marlins batters, while just allowing one run to earn his 11th win of the season for fantasy baseball owners. The win dropped his ERA down to 3.01. The Phillies are fighting tooth-and-nail with the Braves for the NL East title and, after nine wins in the last ten games, have stretched their lead to three games.
- Rick Porcello, Detroit Tigers (vs. Kansas City)– It is a game of also-rans in the AL Central as the Tigers battle cellar-dwellers Kansas City in Detroit on Monday. Porcello is coming off an injured right index finger but seems ready to go for his Monday matchup. Porcello made two starts in September for fantasy baseball owners, winning both, and is 9-11 on the season. He has gone 4-0 over his last four starts with a 2.48 ERA and 16 Ks in 29 innings.
- Chris Carpenter, St. Louis Cardinals (at Florida)– Carpenter has been having some hamstring problems recently but believes he is good to go against the Marlins. Carpenter gave up 13 runs and 15 hits in his last two starts but fantasy baseball owners need to remember he has 15 wins on the season with a 3.21 ERA.
- Brian Duensing, Minnesota (vs. Cleveland)– Brian Duensing is one of the few Monday pitchers that won’t go twice this week thanks to the insertion of Scott Baker into the rotation on Tuesday. Regardless, he is a solid fantasy baseball start with a 2.31 ERA in 11 games including 10 starts. The surging Twins should have no problems with the struggling Indians.
Suggested Sleeper Fantasy Baseball Hitters
- Coco Crisp, Oakland (vs. Chicago White Sox)– Crisp is only owned in 47 percent of Yahoo and 60 percent of CBSSports fantasy baseball leagues. In the past 14 days, Crisp has hit .381 with 2 HRs, 7 RBIs, 9 SBs and 10 runs scored. Gavin Floyd is pitching against him. Floyd has an ERA of 8.74 over the last 11.1 innings.
- Drew Stubbs, Cincinnati (at Milwaukee)– Stubbs is only owned in 42 percent of Yahoo and 57 percent of CBSSports fantasy baseball leagues. In the past 14 days, Stubbs has hit .340 with 4 HRs, 11 RBIa, 1 SB and 10 runs scored. Chris Capuano is pitching against him. Capuano has an ERA of 2.70 with only 5 Ks in the last 13.1 innings.
- Mike Aviles, Kansas City (at Detroit)– Aviles is only owned in 16 percent of Yahoo and 28 percent of CBSSports fantasy baseball leagues. In the past 14 days, Aviles has hit .425 with 4 HRs, 7 RBIs, 1 SB and 7 runs scored. Rick Porcello is pitching against him. Porcello is coming off a missed start due to an injured index finger.
- Ryan Kalish, Boston (vs. Baltimore)– Kalish is only owned in 4 percent of Yahoo and 9 percent of CBSSports fantasy baseball leagues. In the past 14 days, Kalish has hit .275 with 2 HRs, 12 RBIs, 3 SBs and 7 runs scored. Brian Matusz is pitching against him. Matusz had a 3.86 ERA in the last game he pitched.
- Be my friend on Facebook to get the latest fantasy baseball news
- Make sure you follow my Oklahoma Sooners Examiner articles as well
- COMING SOON: THE OKLAHOMA CITY POP CULTURE EXAMINER
Other Fantasy Baseball News:
- Fantasy Baseball Starting Pitchers: Sept 19, 2010
- Manny Ramirez: fantasy baseball bust since joining Chicago
- Fantasy baseball update: Shin-Soo Choo hits three home runs
- Fantasy baseball owners get Chris Young back
- Fantasy Baseball Starting Pitchers: Sept 18, 2010
- Koji Uehara providing fantasy baseball saves