Lora Hogan is not your typical 25 year old woman, no she doesn’t want to stand out but she wants to stand up for a cause. When the B.P. oil spill in the gulf occurred Lora didn’t know how she could help since she didn’t have any experience or training with Hazmat or cleaning up birds, so Lora decided to see what she could do in the city where she was residing. St. Pete fortunately has not been affected by the oil spill but if there were ever an oil spill or any other catastrophe to the marine life Tampa Bay Watch would be there to help improve and prevent further damage immediately. Lora knew she wanted to help Tampa Bay Watch next was how to raise money for them. Her love of yoga led her to organizing Energize Tampa Bay. Her goal is not only to raise funds for Tampa Bay Watch but to also connect the Tampa Bay yoga community. This will be the first annual Energize Tampa Bay and it is being held on September 25, 2010 to coordinate with National Yoga Month.
Lora has been a student of yoga since she was 18 years old. She is now a Yogaworks, alignment based (Iyengra Ashantanga) yoga teacher as well as a Zumba teacher. Lora presently is working full time in the admissions department at Admiral Farrogut Academy, teaching yoga and coordinating this event.
She is in great need of volunteers; you can either volunteer for the morning session or the afternoon session. This way you can still take part in some of the classes, if you so chose to. Most importantly is that she needs donations. If you would like to give a donation please follow this link and click on the “Donate” button at the top of the page. If you are a business and would like to be a sponsor please follow the link for the website above or look for the Energize Tampa Bay Facebook Page. There is no advance sale of tickets for the event. The event cost is a minimum of $10 for adults and $5 for children (children under 2 are free). If you can give more than the minimum donation, that will be much appreciated. If you are interested in setting up a booth for your business or organization, the cost is $150. If you are interested in setting up a booth for this event, send an email to “[email protected]
**All the proceeds are going to Tampa Bay Watch**
The event is being held at PUSH Ultra Lounge, 128 3rd St. South, Downtown St. Petersburg, FL. You will enter through the outside of the restaurant and walk through to the back to PUSH Ultra Lounge. Please bring you own yoga mat, meditation blanket or cushion, if you plan on taking a meditation class. There will be no yoga mats or blankets for rent for this event.
The day’s events schedule:
MAIN SPACE (INSIDE)
- 9:30am Ashtanga Yoga with Emilia Arenas of White Orchid Yoga
- 11:00am Kundalini Yogawith Sunder (Jamie) Luber & Kim Hehr of Yoga Village
- 12:00pm Gentle/Beginner’s Yoga with Claude Griffin of Lifework Yoga
- 1:30pm Zumba Bash, featuring Gemma Hughes, Aaron Lea Edwards, Jeni J Flava, & more!
- 3:30pm Sun Salutation Community “Yoga Jam”
- 5:00pm Savasana and Crystal Bowl Sound Journey with ELUV (Eluv Music)
- 6:00pm Kirtan
UPSTAIRS SPACE (OUTSIDE)
- 9:30am Guide Savasana Meditation with Sahara Rodiriguez
- 10:30am Family Yoga with Amy Connor Pfaelzer (45 minutes)
- 11:30am Yoga Lecture on the Future of Yoga & Practical Applications with Chris Acosta of St. Petersburg Yoga
- 1:30pm Kids Yoga with Nikki Leonardi (45 minutes)
- 2:30pm Lecture from Denise O’Dunn, President and Founder of Balance & Bliss
- 3:30pm Kids Yoga with Haris Lender
- 4:15pm Banana Yoga Music Concert with Shana Banana