“We need you to stay fired up, ” says President Obama in the first YouTube ad with a First Lady and a President of the U.S pleading together for votes.
It’s a friendly, chirpy little ad, full of confidence and appeals to the voter base that swept Obama into office in 2008.
Despite Obama’s confident focus on needing voters stay “fired up”, the ad speaks for itself. The Democratic base is not fired up, hasn’t been fired up, and early voting already shows that Republicans are significantly outnumbering Democrats – eager to cast their votes.
While the Democrats? Ho- hum, maybe if Obama could only set up voting booths at concerts, he might fare better even than You Tube. But who can tell, will the ad do the trick for the Democrats?
But as Obama says in the ad, the Democrats and the Obama administration needs voters who will “get out there and fight for it” – the election 2010 clock is ticking.
Following is the transcript of that ad and the ad itself may be seen in video on the sidebar:
President Obama: Hello Everybody, It’s Barack and Michelle.
Michelle Obama: Election day is almost here and people are getting fired up.
Obama: And we need you to stay fired up – all the way to November 2.
Michelle Obama: This years’ elections are just too important to sit out because there’s so much at stake right now – for our future and for our children’s future. Each of you can make a difference and we’ve seen it before. We know we can do it again.
President Obama: All across the country, volunteers are getting ready for the final days before the election. There’s no more important time to be out there knocking on doors, making phone calls and helping voters get to the polls. And we’re asking supporters, like you, to sign up now to volunteer shifts on election weekend.
Michelle Obama: Now is the time to make plans. Not just to vote, but to help get out the vote.
President Obama: This election isn’t just about one vote or one party; it’s about your future. It’s time to get out there and shape it – to get out there and fight for it. Because if you do, if you step up to the plate, then together we can continue to move this country forward.
M O R E ___________________________
- SarahPalin & Michelle Obama: All the catty things Sarah has said about her (Full transcript)
- Obama’s bony fingers: Losing weight – wedding ring is missing …
- Election fraud: ‘Vote for Obama or go home!’ Black-on-black …
- Krauthammer: Obama is waving good-bye to Democrat majority (video & transcript)
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama weight loss intensifies skeletal ‘demonic’ look
Those “Demonic” photos of Obama, as per Rush Limbaugh, are still on Drudge Report today. Rush has questioned the wisdom of releasing such unflattering photos for publication. The problem is – those photos are intended to show…Continue Reading
- Obama spoof: ‘his job is cleaning up the doggy poop’ (Transcript & Video)The hottest new Obama spoof video, one that is being touted as an opportunity for both sides of the political spectrum to sit back and have a good laugh at the expense of the president is titled, “A Modern U.S. President”. It takes some… Continue Reading