The EA Play Label of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced My Garden for the Nintendo 3DS™, a new title in development that will allow players to create custom gardens in a variety of unique and beautiful environments. Optimized for the coming 3-D platform, My Garden will offer graphics that bring flowers to life in a vibrant and realistic manner. Digital gardeners will get to choose from hundreds of flower and plant varieties as well as unique items to design, cultivate and enhance landscapes. My Garden is scheduled to be unveiled at EA’s Tokyo Game Showcase on September 15, 2010.
“We hope to offer a game that’s so immersive that it truly brings the delight of owning a garden to life through a visually stunning 3D experience.”
“With My Garden, our aim was simple: to make something beautiful that comes to life on the Nintendo 3DS like no other platform,” said Rod Humble, Executive Vice President of the EA Play Label. “We hope to offer a game that’s so immersive that it truly brings the delight of owning a garden to life through a visually stunning 3D experience.”
With the help of a cute sidekick named Tanuki, players will test their green thumbs on a variety of missions that inspire them to create beautiful outdoor spaces in six unique environments such as an arid desert, the banks of a cascading brook, and a lush rainforest. Gardeners will snap a photo of their creations with the game’s free-roaming in-game camera in order to unlock rare and exotic flowers. Along the way, My Garden players will also unlock more than 20 different abilities for Tanuki, who uses those attributes, plus a little magic, to help the garden reach its full potential.
Every gardener will have a bouquet of flowers and items to choose from in creating his or her own floral paradise. As new growth begins to push, the flora comes alive in a resplendent array of colors and textures, attracting natural garden visitors ranging from birds to butterflies, insects and other creatures. If a player wants a few more feathered friends in the garden, simply whistle bird calls into the Nintendo 3DS microphone to summon additional members of the flock. Alternatively, if too many unwanted visitors arrive at the garden gate, a quick shake of the Nintendo 3DS will send them scattering while also dispensing in-game coins that can be used to add a variety of new garden tools and more plants.
My Garden will be released alongside the hardware launch of the Nintendo 3DS. For more information on My Garden, please visit: www.ea.com/mygarden.
My Garden should be available at all Baltimore, MD GameStop, Best Buy, Walmart, and Target locations the same day the Nintendo 3DS goes on sale.
- Video game releases 09/19/
- Amazon introduces Motion Gaming 101
- Phantasy Star Portable 2 trailer
- Phantasy Star Portable 2 now available
- New video for Power Gig: Rise of the Six String
- Activision’s Blood Drive coming to the Xbox 360 and PS3 this fall
- PopCap Games partners with NCSoft to offer PopCap World
- Video game deal – Alan Wake Collector’s Edition $40
- Best Buy plans midnight release for Halo: Reach launch
- New video game releases 9/12/10
- GameStop announces Halo: Reach launch plans
- Capcom announces Tokyo Game Show Lineup
- Video game deal – 15% off new games at GameStop
- Activision announces NumberOneHuntingGames.com for Cabela’s videogames
- Video game releases for the week of 09/05/10
- ArcaniA – Gothic 4 demo date and pre-order discounts announced
- Atlus announces new Naruto games for Nintendo Wii and DS
- Microsoft increases Xbox Live Gold Subscription prices
- Capcom announces Dead Rising 2 High Stakes Edition for Xbox 360 and PS3
- Video game deal – Lunar: Silver Star Harmony Limited Edition (PSP) $22