Opportunity for a DIRECTOR OF QUALITY with manufacturing background. Location in Southeast Wisconsin.
This opportunity is posted on LinkedIn. Many openings are now being posted on LinkedIn and are not going to job boards. Follow recuriters and professional groups to hear about these openings. I try to post as many as I can for this blog. Recruiters are also doing searches of profiles on LinkedIn, so you might be contracted directly for a position due to your LinkedIn profile.
This is a newly created corporate level position with a mid-sized multi-plant manufacturer in Southeast Wisconsin. Facilities are here, so travel is limited.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Develops, implements, and coordinates the development and continuous improvement of a total quality system at all operations.
This will include the following:
• Supervises and directs quality department personnel and workload for all operations.
• Develops and maintains an overall quality system (policy, procedures, instructions) that meets the requirements of customers and applicable industry standards, such as ISO9000.
• Develops a quality data system that measures the performance of customers, suppliers and internal quality requirements.
• Coordinates a corrective and preventative action system that continuously improves customer, supplier and internal quality.
• Interfaces with customers and suppliers on quality and overall satisfaction issues.
• Provides for the development of quality department personnel to meet the requirements of the quality system and individual growth and advancement.
• Reviews technical problems and procedures of departments and recommends solutions to problems or changes in procedures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree and 5 to 7 years experience in manufacturing /quality leadership. This will include development and implementation of quality systems, knowledge in metal fabrication processes, and union experience. Strong preference for experience with supplier quality, ISO-9000, Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma. Blackbelt certification a plus.
Prime Resource Associates is a well-established and respected Professional Recruiting firm, in business since 1993. If you’d like to hear more about this position or any other opportunities my firm is working on, please send your resume or a note to [email protected] .
If this is not for you, but you know of someone that might be qualified, please pass along this posting or send me their contact info.
Prime Resource Associates, Inc.