Capella Telluride is making it easy for newbies to pick up skiing this winter with their Virgin Ski Experience. The package features luxury accommodations, equipment rental, private ski instruction, spa treatments, even a lexicon to learn the lingo. Complete package details provided by the resort are below.
So it’s your first time – there’s nothing to be nervous about! At Capella Telluride, your first ski adventure will be smooth, enjoyable and pain-free, with the possible exception of the first few runs down the slopes! From the moment you leave your luxurious room, to getting into your gear, meeting your private instructor and talking that first step onto the mountain, Capella Telluride will be there to help, every step of the way. Our Personal Assistant will guide you through every nuance of the trip, so you don’t have to worry about figuring out how to get on a lift or how to get out of your ski boots. The Virgin Ski Experience includes:
- Luxury accommodations for two people for four nights
- Hearty breakfast for two in Onyx restaurant each morning
- Ski rental equipment for two days for two people (includes skis, poles and boots)
- Private appointment with our ski rental specialist to get outfitted in the proper gear, including instruction on how to properly fasten boots and get ready for skiing!
- Private ski instructor for two days
- Two Telluride Ski Resort day lift passes for two people
- “Spirit of the Mountain Massage” for two people to help sooth those sore muscles following your first time on the slopes
- Two après ski cocktails (to further sooth those muscles AND egos!) in Suede Lounge
- Capella Telluride Ski Lexicon – an insider’s guide to learning the “need-to-know” ski language
Starting from $3940 (taxes and gratuities are not included). Valid November 25, 2010 – April 3, 2011 (Telluride ski season), with the exception of Dec. 23 – January 2, and February 12 – 19. To book, call 877.247.6688, or visit www.capellatelluride.com.
About Capella Telluride
Located in the heart of Mountain Village, just moments away from the slopes of Telluride, lies Capella Telluride, a luxury hotel featuring exceptional amenities and service, under the backdrop of the stunning San Juan mountains. This acclaimed hotel (named to Condé Nast Traveler’s 2009 “Hot List,” among others) opened in Feb. 2009, marking the U.S. debut of Capella Hotels and Resorts (other locations include Cabo, New York and several in Europe). With 100 luxury condominium hotel rooms and 60 one, two, three and four bedroom condominium rentals, this resort redefines mountain luxury. Capella Telluride offers the finest ski-in/ski-out location in Mountain Village and provides hotel guests and residents with an unprecedented level of personal service. The resort’s world-class amenities include an exclusive Capella lounge, spa and pool, a fitness center, ski valet, several restaurants and entertainment venues, climate controlled parking, a kids club and retail facilities.
While pricey, a flight to Telluride from Colorado Springs can save you roughly 3 hours of travel time each way. If you opt for a flight, you can call the Telluride Regional Airport at 970-728-5313 in addition to your garden variety travel sites.
Driving Directions From Colorado Springs
From highway 50, turn left at US-550 S/S Townsend Ave; continue to follow US-550 S for 26.2 miles; turn right at CO-62 W/Sherman St/State Hwy 62 and continue to follow CO-62 W/State Hwy 62 for 23.3 miles; turn left at CO-145 S and continue for 12.7 miles; turn right to stay on CO-145 S and continue for 1.7 miles; turn left at Mountain Village Blvd and continue for 2.2 miles; turn left to stay on Mountain Village Blvd. Destination will be on the right.