A full house gathered at the Hotel Valley Ho in Scottsdale recently to honor “the best of the best” in public relations programming in the Valley. Each year the Public Relations Society of America Phoenix Chapter (PRSA) selects the cream of the crop for the coveted Copper Anvil Awards that signify excellence in the profession.
Phoenix PRSA chapter past president Felice Appell received the Percy Award. The Percy Award is given to an individual who demonstrates excellence in the practice of public relations, actively supports PRSA and the Phoenix chapter and makes positive contributions to the community.
Copper Anvil Awards were presented to:
• AAA Arizona for the “Tipsy Tow” campaign in the publicity/promotion: news release category.
• HMA Public Relations and the Arizona Bridge to Independent Living for the “Moves for EveryBODY” campaign in the publicity/promotion: feature story category.
• Southwest Ambulance for the “Southwest Ambulance Home for the Holidays” program in the community relations category.
• Moses Anshell for the “’Squeeballs Party’ Video Game Launch” in the integrated communications: consumer products and services category.
• Phoenix VA Health Care System for the “Phoenix Health Care System Brings Health Care Value” campaign in the reputation management: government, associations and non-profit organizations category.
Awards of Merit were presented to:
• The DC Ranch Community Council in Scottsdale in the publications: newsletter/magazine, electronic category for the DC Ranch e-newsletter.
• The Phoenix VA Health Care System and Olson Communications for the Veterans Day Parade electronic media kit, selected in the publicity-promotion: media kit category.
• The Arizona State Credit Union for HelpingAZ.com in the corporate social responsibility: government, associations and non-profit organizations category.
• David and Sam PR for the “My sisters closet” campaign in the integrated communications: consumer products and services category.
• HMA Public Relations for “The fight against RX abuse in Arizona” campaign in the integrated communications: government, associations and non-profit organizations category.
• Reister and the Arizona Department of Health Services for the “Venomocity: Brought to you by Addiction” campaign in the digital/social media category. Reister also picked up an award of merit in the digital/social media category with the Veterinary Pet Insurance Company for the “VPI Hambone Award” campaign.
• Allison and Partners for the “P.F. Chang’s Online Campaign” in the digital/social media category.
• The Phoenix VA Health Care System, Veterans Medical Leadership Council and Gordon C. James Public Relations for the “Home of the Free, Because of the Brave” campaign in the special events or observances, one to seven days: government, associations and non-profit organization category.
• Weight Watchers of Arizona, Inc. for the “Weight Watchers ‘ Lose for Good’ Banks Pounds for Hunger Relief” campaign in the special events or observances, more than seven days: business products and services category.
• Allison and Partners for the “Sea Life Arizona Grand Opening” program in the special events and observances, more than seven days: business products and services category.
You can read more about the PRSA Phoenix Chapter by visiting its website at www.phoenixprsa.org.