Carrie Underwood, who lost 20 pounds shortly after winning American Idol in 2005, enjoys working out because it makes her look and feel sexy.
“There’s just something sexy about feeling strong,” Underwood says in the Oct. 2010 issue of Women’s Health.
The 5’3″ Carrie, who now weighs about 110 pounds, slimmed down by following a low-calorie, vegetarian diet consisting of veggie burgers and soy-based sausages and running on the treadmill.
‘BEING FIT IS SEXY’
Underwood, who works out with a trainer several times a week, also does isometric exercises, kickboxes and does exercise DVD workouts.
“When I gain weight, it’s in the spare-tire area,” says Underwood. “I’ve told trainers abs are a physical impossibility for me. And every single time, they’re like, ‘Well, we’ll get you abs!’ So do I have them? No! But they’re as flat as they’re probably going to get.”
‘I LOVE WORKING OUT IN THE MORNING’
Carrie, who’s preparing to go on tour, makes fitness a priority even when she’s traveling.
“A lot of stuff happens in the afternoon [when I’m on tour], so I can get up and have a workout, which makes me feel awesome for the rest of my day.”
Underwood loves using kettlebells because of their versatility. “They don’t take up much space and work out a lot of different muscles,” she says.
Above all, eating fresh, whole foods is key. “Once you get into a routine of eating healthy, it hurts twice as much when you fall off the wagon,” she says.
“But it’s nice to have a few bites of something you like. If I’m on the road, I’ll get oatmeal. There are low-sugar kinds that are easy to fix. I’m not a sweets person, but I love pasta and pizza — oh, buddy!”
See related news:
- Alexander Skarsgard: Sometimes I feel like the ugliest person in the world
- Carrie Underwood: How I overcame panic attacks and stay fit on tour
- Lady Gaga was hospitalized 6 times for extreme dieting, says ex-manager
- Khloe Kardashian slams Kim for getting Botox: ‘You’re so stupid!’
- Thintervention star Jackie Warner: How I lost 50 pounds in 4 months
- Audrina Patridge: DWTS rehearsals are toning my legs and calves
- Megan Fox’s bizarre ‘mask-like’ face fuels plastic surgery rumors (pics)
- Kim Kardashian’s gone overboard with plastic surgery, say experts (pics)