Learn how to avoid weight gain on Halloween through dancing and find out where to go for an enjoyable Thriller Night.
Health & Fitness: Weight Gain
The holidays are the easiest time of the year to overindulge in delicious food items that are high in sugar and fat content. Without paying good attention to what their eating, one can gain weight over the course of a short period around all the excitement of fun and holiday spirit. Candy, cookies, cakes, and alcohol are some of the goodies that adults will consume during the Halloween weekend and it can put a damper on one’s fitness progress. To take control of the situation, one can eat and drink in moderation and exercise with dance to burn the calories that could sabatoge one’s gorgeous physique. San Francisco has a wide selection of parties where dancing is as important as the costume and here is a quick list of those events.
2010 San Francisco Halloween Parties
Residents who are ready to party down in their spookiest dress can take their pick of the hottest Halloween parties in the Bay. Some are free and others require a ticket purchase, but no matter where you go, remember to dance away stress and calories to avoid the holiday weight gain.
Friday, October 29th, 2010
- Fake Blood at Mezzanine
- Ninja Tune 20th Anniversary at 1015
- Spookfest at Cow Palace
- Raindance presents Freaker’s Ball at Public Works
- Club Blood: Gareth Emery at Ruby Skye
- Opulence Halloween Launch Party at J’s Galleria
Saturday, October 30th, 2010
- Halloween International Ball at the Hilton San Francisco
- Ghost ship at treasure Island
- SF Halloween Ball at San Francisco City Hall
- Opel Halloween Night of the Living Bass at Mighty
- Creepshow at Roe
- Haunted Manor with DJ Jazzy Jeff at Manor West
- Taboo Halloween Extravaganza with David Harness at Eve Lounge
- A Nightmare on Van Ness at The Regency Ballroom
- The Haunted Bordello with DJ Zhaldee at The Parlor
- San FranPsycho Halloween Asylum Ball at LOT 46
- Halloween Massive at The Giftcenter Pavillion
- 7th Annual Thriller Halloween Ball at The Westin St. Francis Hotel
- Blow Up Halloween at the Mission Rock Cafe
Sunday, October 31st, 2010
- Halloween with the Cheeseballs at The Parlor
- Batcave SF at Cat Club
- Vampires vs. Superheroes at Harry Denton’s Starlight Room
Check out this link for more parties and details.