Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN) today unveiled Amazon Motion Gaming 101 (www.amazon.com/motiongaming101), a new section in its video game store designed to introduce both game enthusiasts and casual gamers to new choices in motion-gaming technology, which use a player’s body movements and gestures to play games. The site focuses on providing simple, easy-to-find information about motion-sensitive gaming, including educational videos, customized game recommendations, customer reviews, buying guides and gift suggestions.
“Customers can learn from our expert content and from other customers in our discussion forums before making a purchase decision. We will continue to expand and evolve the site as new games and game-related content are released.”
Amazon Motion Gaming 101 will also offer exclusive videos from the major console manufacturers. The videos include never-before-seen interviews with developers, producers and players discussing the vision behind each console, its unique features and their personal gaming experiences.
“Our goal with Motion Gaming 101 is to eliminate some of the guesswork when it comes to choosing a console for motion gaming, and if you already own a console, to choose the right accessories and games available for your system,” said Paul Ryder, vice president of consumer electronics and video games at Amazon.com. “Customers can learn from our expert content and from other customers in our discussion forums before making a purchase decision. We will continue to expand and evolve the site as new games and game-related content are released.”
Key features of Motion Gaming 101 will include:
- Video tutorials highlighting features of each motion-gaming console including “why buy,” controller differences, exclusive game offerings and information about the most popular games currently available.
- Game demonstrations and recommendations to help customers discover games based on the type of game play that best fits their interests.
- A buying guide to help customers get everything they need to enjoy their console from day one.
Customers can find Motion Gaming 101 at www.amazon.com/motiongaming101.
The Playstation Move, Microsoft Xbox 360 Kinect, and Nintendo Wii are available at your local Baltimore, MD Walmart, Target, Best Buy, and GameStop locations.
- Phantasy Star Portable 2 trailer
- Phantasy Star Portable 2 now available
- New video for Power Gig: Rise of the Six String
- Activision’s Blood Drive coming to the Xbox 360 and PS3 this fall
- PopCap Games partners with NCSoft to offer PopCap World
- Video game deal – Alan Wake Collector’s Edition $40
- Best Buy plans midnight release for Halo: Reach launch
- New video game releases 9/12/10
- GameStop announces Halo: Reach launch plans
- Capcom announces Tokyo Game Show Lineup
- Video game deal – 15% off new games at GameStop
- Activision announces NumberOneHuntingGames.com for Cabela’s videogames
- Video game releases for the week of 09/05/10
- ArcaniA – Gothic 4 demo date and pre-order discounts announced
- Atlus announces new Naruto games for Nintendo Wii and DS
- Microsoft increases Xbox Live Gold Subscription prices
- Capcom announces Dead Rising 2 High Stakes Edition for Xbox 360 and PS3
- Video game deal – Lunar: Silver Star Harmony Limited Edition (PSP) $22