Alien Breed 2: Assault, brings an all-new ‘Survivor’ mode to the game and hits PC and Xbox™ LIVE Arcade Wednesday, September 22nd 2010.
Assault puts you in the shoes of Conrad, Chief Engineer aboard the dying ship Leopold, who continues his fight for survival across the fatally damaged space vessel. Fighting through waves of enemies, Conrad’s mission is to re-ignite the alien space craft’s engines.
Alien Breed 2: Assault includes a single-player campaign, an all new “Survivor” mode, and two-player online co-op play. Survivor Mode, which can be played single-player or two-player co-op, pits you against endless, relentless waves of enemies (until you die, anyway).
“As the second adventure in the Alien Breed trilogy, we’re really happy with how much Assault adds to an already strong gameplay formula. We’ve got some awesomely destructive new weapons to purchase and upgrade, two monstrous new boss battles, and some really exciting set-pieces”
–John Dennis, Head of Design, Team17 Software Ltd
Alien Breed 2: Assault features
- New “Survivor” mode: Resist endless waves of intense alien horde attacks in specifically designed arena environments, or team up with a friend in order to reach the highest score in two-player co-operative assaults!
- New Set Pieces: Fight the breed through stunningly choreographed action sequences.
- New Equipment: More equipment to combat the horde including Hardened Armor and new weaponry: 1) Hyper Blaster – a destructive chain-gun, and; 2) The Rocket Launcher – blow the horde away!
- NEW Alien Foes – Enter into conflict with the all-new ‘Webber’ alien and endure dramatic encounters with new and shocking bosses.
- Single-Player story mode: The single-player campaign mode that follows the continuing narrative of the game through five huge and challenging environments.
- Two-player co-operative play mode: Work together to defeat the alien horde across specially customized assault maps for two players, over Steam or Xbox™ LIVE Arcade.
- Exclusive Xbox LIVE Avatar award items: ‘Barnes’ Helmet and Body Armor (male and female versions) awarded to the player by killing a set number of aliens (the helmet) and by completing the single-player story mode (the body armour).