COST: $100.00 includes logo glass
5TH ANNUAL “TASTE OF ELEGANCE” CHEFS FOOD & WINE COMPETITION AND AUCTION
Thursday November 4, 2010, 6 to 9pm,
The Mile High Station, Denver, CO
Ticket Cost: $100 per person
The Denver International Wine Festival’s signature foodie event is a must attend for fans of gourmet food and premium quality wines.
The event is produced by the publishers of Wine Country International ® magazine. Earlier in the year they also produce the Denver International Wine Competition which receives more than 500 entries from producers around the world. Only the Gold Medal winners are selected to be poured at The Taste of Elegance.
View the 2010 winners list at:
The “Taste of Elegance” Competition pairs Gold Medal wines from The Denver International Wine Competition, with some of America’s most creative chefs. While the event is sometimes referred to as “Iron Chef ™” meets wine, participating chefs have no secret ingredient. They are assigned two gold medal wines (white & red) just one week before the competition. Chef’s are provided with sample bottles to taste and develop their custom paired dishes.
On event day, the participating chefs will create custom paired dishes, served in appetizer portions. Representatives from the assigned gold medal winery will pour wine samples alongside the chef’s food table.
A panel of notable food and wine critics/experts will taste each culinary creation with its assigned wine. They select the “Best Chef” and “Most Creative” Chef winners.
All consumer attendees also get to cast their votes for the “People’s Choice” award. A valuable prize is awarded.
In 2009, 16 master chefs produced 32 custom paired dishes for 32 different Gold Medal wines! So if you decide to attend, don’t eat before you go!
2010 Event Highlights:
Bravo’s Top Chef Season 5 Winner, Chef Hosea Rosenberg, a three time champion of the Taste of Elegance, returns this year as our celebrity judge and host!
Patricia Richards, Mixologist at The Wynn Las Vegas will host our cocktail reception with an original Champagne-style cocktail.
A live and silent auction will be conducted, with 100% of the all proceeds benefiting the Help America Hear Program.
•Hosea Rosenberg, Top Chef Season 5 Winner
•Claire Walter, Food Critic & Author of “Culinary Colorado”
•Wes Marshall, Wine Writer and Author of “What’s a Wine lover To Do?”
•Lori Midson, Cafe Society Editor, Westword
*2010 PARTICIPATING CHEFS & RESTAURANTS:
* Geoffrey Groditski, Executive Chef, The Fort
* David Harker, Exec Chef The Meritage @ The Omni Interlocken Resort
with Mario Clapes, Chef De Cuisine
* David Oliveri, Executive Chef, Farradday’s Steakhouse, Blackhawk
* Daniel Joly, Chef/Owner, Mirabelle, Beaver Creek
* Robert N. Corey, 12 Seasons Personal Chef and Sommelier Services
* Leo Harvey, Executive Chef, Big Game Restaurant and Lounge, Denver
* Jean-Luc Voegele, Executive Chef, The Westin Tabor Center, Denver
* DeWayne Lieurance, Chef & Consultant, Denver
* Eliza Gavin, Chef/Owner, 221 South Oak Bistro, Telluride
* Kelly Yepello, Chocolatier, Yepello Chocolates and Confections,
* Eric Rivera, Chef, Lala’s Wine Bar & Pizzeria, Denver
* David Davis, Executive Chef, Bridgewater Grill at The Golden Hotel